Mesa 7.8 Release Notes / March 28, 2010
Mesa 7.8 is a new development release. People who are concerned with stability and reliability should stick with a previous release or wait for Mesa 7.8.1.
Mesa 7.8 implements the OpenGL 2.1 API, but the version reported by glGetString(GL_VERSION) depends on the particular driver being used. Some drivers don't support all the features required in OpenGL 2.1.
See the Compiling/Installing page for prerequisites for DRI hardware acceleration.
5fcfde5383eccb3e9fd665f08a0ea59b MesaLib-7.8.tar.gz 85cb891eecb89aae4fdd3499cccd934b MesaLib-7.8.tar.bz2 754f39593006effc1c8ec3c27c2f1296 MesaLib-7.8.zip c3869c29fa6c3dbdd763f7428d271e12 MesaDemos-7.8.tar.gz 9fe8ec184c7f78691e43c4c0a7f97d56 MesaDemos-7.8.tar.bz2 063a96947f7b83d4ad789c6cf291b184 MesaDemos-7.8.zip 5f4246756b7daaddb4fb3f970cad1e28 MesaGLUT-7.8.tar.gz ca7048a4aa7a437dcc84cc2c7d731336 MesaGLUT-7.8.tar.bz2 b54581aeb79b585b158d6a32f94feff2 MesaGLUT-7.8.zip
- GL_NV_conditional_render extension (swrast driver only)
- GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 extension (swrast and i965 driver only)
- GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions extension (for swrast, i965, and Gallium drivers)
- GL_EXT_texture_array extension (swrast driver only)
- GL_APPLE_object_purgeable extension (swrast and i945/i965 DRI drivers)
- Much improved support for EGL in Mesa
- New state trackers for OpenGL ES 1.1 and 2.0
- Dedicated documentation for Gallium
- Massive improvements to the Gallium driver for R300-R500 Radeons; this driver is now moderately stable but not terribly performant.
- Removed support for color-index rendering
- Removed support for GCC versions earlier than 3.3.0.